Have had a funy problem with Git. I suppose it's proxy-related. Writing it down, because sure that will have the same problem some time again. Also hope it will help to people who are also suffering with it.
As a precondition, I have a git with following in '.gitconfig':
When I tried to clone repository I've got this:
$ git clone https://code.google.com/p/caliper/ Cloning into 'caliper'... remote: Counting objects: 3298, done. remote: Finding sources: 100% (3298/3298), done. remote: Total 3298 (delta 1755) Receiving objects: 100% (3298/3298), 7.14 MiB | 1.94 MiB/s, done. Resolving deltas: 100% (1755/1755), done.
And then nothing, it just hangs. If you go and have a look, you can see that files are downloaded, but not unpacked. As all other people on Internet, I have no idea why that is happening, but eventually I have found a way to get files out of it.
When it hangs, just kill the process with Ctrl+C and run this command in repository folder:
$ git fsck notice: HEAD points to an unborn branch (master) Checking object directories: 100% (256/256), done. Checking objects: 100% (3298/3298), done. notice: No default references dangling commit 2916d1238ca0f4adecbda580ef4329a649fc777cNow just merge that dangling commit:
$ git merge 2916d1238ca0f4adecbda580ef4329a649fc777cand from now on you can enjoy repository content in any way you want.